Our Feeds

Sunday 29 May 2016

Malik

See the two survivors of Peace mass transit accident recounting their ordeal.

The  two survivors of the tragedy accident  that happened last sunday between a peace mass transit bus and a MAN Diesel truck along umuahia Enugu/port Harcourt expressed way have expressed their gratitude to God.

They were Mr Nwodo a 33-year-old dealer in cosmetics and a 32- year-old widow and business woman from ubakala in Abia state.

Mrs .Eze narrating how the accident happened.
I live in Port Harcourt, but I had to come out to join the bus because I could not catch a direct bus going to Lokpanta where I do my diesel business. We entered the bus about 9am, but I did not check the time . We had passed Abia Tower and heading to Okigwe. The driver was driving on a very high speed inside the rain. The windows were shut and the Air Conditioner Unit was turned on.
I was trying to catch sleep when the accident happened. Our bus crashed into the trailer head-on and the people inside the bus started screaming; some calling the name of Jesus, others calling their fathers and mothers. I think I fainted because
I can’t even remember the side through which I was brought out. All I can remember is that I was on the back seat with three other passengers. I lost consciousness. Whether the bus summersalted or not, I did not know. When the Federal Road Safety Corps officials were taking us to the hospital, I had regained consciousness, but I did not open my eyes because I was feeling pains all over my body.”

She was very grateful to God for saving her life.

“I can’t thank God enough. If human beings were the ones that select those who died in that accident, definitely, I would have been one of them. But just look at me, a poor sinner and God, in His infinite mercy, decided to save my life. God gave me life on top of life; brought me back from the land of the dead. You could see children, the elderly, the young and the handsome and beautiful, all stone dead. But God decided to keep me. It amazes me each time I look back at my life. I will remain grateful to God for the rest of my life.”

Mr Nwodo when visited in hospital was in a bad state and unable to talk .A  source   said that he was traveling from Aba to Enugu , that he was counted among the dead ones at the time of the accident but he jerked his body while in ICU.

His brother who was at the hospital said:
I am very happy because the information that was given to them was that everybody died in the accident except two people. I thank God that my brother is among the two survivors. I thank God who knows the reason why he brought him back to life; this is somebody who had already been counted among the dead.
“The doctor told me that he has injury in his spinal cord and on the head.”

    

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :
Previous
Next Post »